18 November 2013

I am deifinitely blessed.

Assalamualaikum ~

I feel like I haven't typed in a while and it has become and addiction for me. I just love how fast I can go with the keyboard and just having these ideas and stories flowing through my head.

Okay, so semester two is coming up so expect me to be updating a lot after this. I'm not those kind of people who leave they're blog when they're busy because the more I have to experience, the more I have to write about.

Anyway, I'd like to write about how I'm feeling blessed lately.

Last week, I worked at the Istiadat Konvokesyen of UiTM Kampus Alor Gajah with a bunch of other people. Here they are:

That's me in the back, wearing the brown tudung and smiling awkwardly :D

Most of the people in this photo use phones that are mostly out of my league. I mean, not that I really can't afford those phones at all, I just can't afford them NOW. While working, they kinda asked me how much I got for my previous final exam. As I have posted before, I got Dean's List. And so these kind of questions popped out of their mouths:

"Nadrah tak minat iPhone ke?"
"Ayah bagi apa dapat Dekan?"
"Nadrah tak mintak iPhone ke?"

Aiii, those were really hard to answer. Let's get things straight. My current phone is Sony Xperia tipo. Yeah, I know I know. It's small and kinda lame.

And they totally made me kinda feel ashamed hanging out with them cuz three of them use iPhones and one Samsung and one Blackberry. It's not that I feel bad about using Sony, I mean, if I'd have a ton of money right now I'd definitely take an Xperia Z1. I love Sony very much as a matter of fact.

And I reached my limit yesterday. I cried under the sheets in my room because I did ask my parents for a new phone but all they said was this thing can wait. You have to understand that I'm not a spoiled child. I've never demanded anything from my parents and never have I done it straight to their faces. But this time I did. And when I heard their answers, I felt devastated and very very disappointed. Mostly because people kinda set my mind that I deserve better things due to my excellent results and hardwork. Ever since I was a kid, I was a lucky chain. I'm one of those people who don't need to study much but I still end up excelling my exams and I'm so grateful for that. So, that kinda made me think that I deserve more.

Mostly, I get this feeling when I try to take photos of my artwork in my sketch book. Looking at the quality of the photos just makes me feel like I wanna smash my phone into pieces. I'm a photography lover. And yes, I do not own a DLSR. I have passions for many things but somehow I just can't fulfill them like other people. 

So I think it's very unfair for kids nowadays who are spoiled by their parents with expensive stuff and gadgets even though they have bad attitude and they don't excel in school. I just don't think the deserve this "reward" given by their parents.

Until today. I got a few things that made my day.


I got new toys! Prettyy little black BIJOUE headphones and a new Wacom Intous Pen. If you had been reading my blog before, you'd know that I've been wanting a BIJOUE headphone since the start of the first semester because my best friend at college has one in baby pink. I've been searching all over for them and I found it right in the store where I bout my Wacom :D :D :D

Looking at how expensive these two costed, I now understand that you might not always get what you want, but you'll get what you need.

I shouldn't demand so much, because Allah has blessed me with many things. I'm no longer a broken girl, I've found my true friends, I've much better things now and my life is going according to His plan perfectly.

But I still want a new phone though.

Hahahahahahahahahahah.

On a side note, I'm addicted to Yuna's new song: Rescue and I've declared to myself that that is currently my very own theme song ahaha :)